The Encore Group is committed to being transparent about how it collects and processes personal information, protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to make you aware of how and why we will collect and use your personal information. We are required under the GDPR to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
Data Protection Principles
Under the GDPR, there are six data protection principles that The Encore Group must comply with. These provide that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected only for legitimate purposes that have been clearly explained to you and not further processed in a way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to those purposes.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose.
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security of the data.
The Encore Group is responsible for, and must be able to demonstrate compliance with these principles.
Types of personal information collected
If you visit our website, you are not required to provide us with any personal data. However, your browser transmits some data automatically, such as the date and time of retrieval of one of our web pages, your browser type and settings, your operating system, the last web page you visited, the data transmitted and the access status, and your IP address. Any automated data collected by The Encore Group is used for statistical purposes only, it is not used to identify individual visitors and it is not shared with any third parties.
If you are a client of or a supplier to The Encore Group, the exchange and processing of personal information will be necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, and or processing as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
The Encore Group may collect:
- Your contact details; name, address, telephone number and email address
- Location information
- Bank or other financial information
- Online identifiers
Processing your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We will use your personal information in one or more of the following circumstances:
- Assist us in processing your orders
- It is necessary for us to use your personal information to process your orders so you can purchase the products you require
- Providing admin support for your account
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information when we provide client services support so that we can provide the very best service to you
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
Please be aware that we may process your personal information without your consent, in compliance with these rules, where this is required by law.
Protecting your personal information
The Encore Group are aware of the requirement to ensure your personal information is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against this.
We do not share your personal information with bodies outside of the European Economic Area.
Retention of your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need it for. When it is no longer a requirement to store your information we will delete it securely.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Subject to certain conditions and in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information – this is known a Subject Access Request and it enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request rectification of your personal information – enables you to have any incorrect information we hold about you corrected.
- Request your personal information to be deleted when there is no compelling reason for it to be continued to be processed.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information – this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your information.
- Object to the processing of your personal information – this enables you to ask us to stop processing your personal information where we are relying on the legitimate interests of the business as our legal basis for processing and there is something relating to your particular situation which makes you decide to object to processing.
- Data portability – this gives you the right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party so that you can reuse it across different services for your own purposes.
In addition to the above, you also have the right to withdraw consent that you have previously provided, to our processing of your personal information at any time.
If you believe that The Encore Group has not complied with your data protection right, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. Their contact details can be found on www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this privacy notice
The Encore Group reserves the right to update or amend this privacy notice at any time. We will issue a new privacy notice when we make significant updates or amendments.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact our data protection administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org