Environmental Policy Statement
The Encore Group is committed to providing our customers with a “best value” product, which fully satisfies their specification, is delivered on time, deficit free and provides a cost effective solution. We recognise the prevention of harm to the environment is central to our business success and we are dedicated to operating in a manner that achieves this goal.
Our products and services will be managed at all times in a way that minimises the risk to the environment, employees, visitors and suppliers. An established Environmental Management System, training, ongoing risk assessment and independent auditing will help to ensure this is achieved.
In particular we shall:
- Seek to continually improve the effectiveness of our Management System
- Seek to ensure compliance with existing and future environmental legislation and any other initiatives or compliance obligations to which the company subscribes
- Liaise with all relevant external bodies and work with our own staff to continually improve our environmental performance
- Our performance will be improved through the setting and achieving of environmental objectives
- To install processes to help prevent accidents and maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Identify and seek to reduce significant environmental impacts and prevent pollution which may arise from our operations
- Apply the Waste Hierarchy Principle wherever practicable
- Provide appropriate environmental information and training for all our staff and promote the application of best practice techniques
- Discuss environmental issues regularly at top management level and enable consultation with our employees on matters affecting our impact on the environment
- Review and revise this policy annually
Sound management principles and practices shall be applied to meet these commitments and to achieve demanding performance objectives. This policy, which is publicly available on request, will be displayed on notice boards and on the Company’selectronic information network.
This policy has been endorsed and approved by: