As the UK’s first and only carbon-balanced envelope manufacturer, sustainability is at the heart of our business model.
We are proud to support the global conservation charity, the World Land Trust, in their crucial efforts to protect threatened, carbon-rich habitats around the globe. Since we joined the initiative in 2021, we have helped to preserve 95 football fields of threatened habitat around the globe.
We understand that sustainability is high on our clients’ agendas and we want to help them on that journey. As such, we have partnered with CarbonQuota to offer customers transparency and a clear environmental decision-making tool when purchasing our products.
We are the first and only UK envelope manufacturer to provide this form of accurate emissions calculations.
In 2022, we became one of just three other UK print companies to have our emissions targets validated with the Science Based Targets Initiative. We have committed to a 46% reduction in scope 1 and scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 2027 from a 2019 base year, which requires us to reduce our annual emissions by 725 tonnes of CO2e.
We are also committed to continuously improving our internal processes. We do the following to minimise our environmental impact:
- Recycle 100% of waste paper & board
- Have installed LED lights across all sites
- Use vegetable-based inks in packaging production
- Only invest in hybrid and fully electric company cars
- Only use paper and board suppliers who have FSCor PEFC credentials
- Ensure that all group production is carbon balanced
- Ensure all purchased electricity is CO2 free